We are thrilled to be opening Freedom Village of Bellevue later this year, with the first garden homes scheduled to be available for occupancy beginning in August 2022.
Freedom Village will provide a unique and fun way to enjoy life after 55. Residents can live among friends in a maintenance-free neighborhood with a clubhouse, fitness gym, dog park and vibrant courtyard full of gathering spaces.
Active adult communities like Freedom Village are not that different from other residential housing communities. The difference is the design is complete with a retirement-friendly, low-maintenance lifestyle in mind.
Considering living in an active adult community? Let’s look at some of the benefits!
- No Home Maintenance: After years of maintaining a home through mowing, snow-blowing, raking, painting and minor repairs, it can be very appealing to know there is someone to call if you need anything. Many residents are downsizing from the home they raised their families. The smaller interior square footage to keep clean is attractive.
- Built-in Community: When you move some place new, there’s something to say about having a conveniently located group of potential friends. In active adult communities, residents are all in similar places in life, having worked hard for many years, raised a family and now enjoying a relaxed retirement. So it is easy to find people with whom you have much in common, and wonderful friendships can result.
- Vast Amenities: An active adult community will provide many opportunities to exercise, socialize and stay spry into your retirement years. Look at this long list of amenities available to you at Freedom Village:
– Private Clubhouse with community room and fitness gym
– Opportunity to reserve clubhouse spaces for special events/parties
– Neighborhood gardening area with designated plots
– Access to courtyard amenities, including a fire pit, grills, games and recreation areas
– Private neighborhood dog park called Canine Corner
– Priority access to Hillcrest’s continuum of health care services if needed
Is an active adult community right for you?
As the Baby Boomers reach retirement age, active adult communities are becoming more and more popular. Retirees don’t want to feel old and disposable, so the idea of a senior living community that offers an active lifestyle is appealing. By taking away traditional home maintenance chores, residents are free to enjoy their retirement years and do more of the things they love.
And, unlike many other active adult communities, at Freedom Village, you have access to Hillcrest’s health care services. As a result, residents have the peace of mind that, if needed, they are supported by Hillcrest’s team while also living an active lifestyle in their retirement years.
For more information about our exciting new active living pocket neighborhood, please stop by the Freedom Village Welcome Center at 1902 Harlan Drive, Bellevue (located within Hillcrest’s Home Office) anytime between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday to Friday. You can also call (402) 682-6866.